Absolute Commercial Interiors Ltd. (“we”/”us”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information that you may share with us.
This statement answers the following questions:
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use this information?
- How do we share this information?
- How long do we keep your information for?
- How can you manage the information we hold about you?
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might.
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from 25th April 2018.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information about you, your company and your workspace when you use Absolute’s website and online services. We also collect data on your usage of our website through our use of Google Analytics, which helps us to track visitors across our website, allowing us to develop our site for a better user experience.
We also capture your data when entering into a contractual agreement to perform works and services as we will require information about your company, its location, the size of the company and the location of the premises.
We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Job title;
- Company name, Company Contact details, number of employees, industry, lease renewal date;
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- Your IP address;
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), company size and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directories), invoicing address, website, any other notes that we may feel are beneficial to our business relationship;
- “Live chat” records; and
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
2. HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
Absolute Commercial Interiors Ltd. will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists to which you have opted in at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, you won’t be bombarded with content from us);
- Conduct market research to help us improve the service we offer, develop the user experience of our website, enhance the future of workplace design,
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the unsubscribe option included in the footer of any of our marketing messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
- Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us;
- Creating, and providing, the customer with an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manual for a completed project where the creation of such a document may be required
- Processing necessary for us to respond to understanding customers’ needs
- To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website and online services are more useful and enjoyable (this will be general information from many different individuals that is analysed collectively and won’t individually identify you for this purpose);
- To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so.
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brand and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
- To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us, signed up to a mailing list that we own, entered yourself into a competition or other instance where you voluntarily provide us with your personal information. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications;
- To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Matter of Urgency
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
3. HOW DO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION?
We do not sell your information to third parties under any circumstance.
We will, from time to time, share your personal information with our close network of suppliers and sub-contractors, but this will only ever be for reasons relating to the contractual agreement into which you have entered with Absolute.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- To negotiate a point of contact within your company
- In creation of purchase orders
- In creation of Health and Safety site files
- In creation of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manuals
- Arranging deliveries and installation of goods to a site
- Arranging a leasing/finance option to assist with the affordability of your fit out/refurbishment/furniture package.
- To circulate site/client meeting notes to all concerned
- Site and client details being included on circulated drawing packages
- To prepare and create quotations for specific works relating to the contract
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer/client), we hold your personal information for 10 years from the completion of a project. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims, but also because the average lease on a property is roughly 10 years and you may require our services to perform a refurbishment to your existing space if you renew the lease, or perform dilapidations if you are relocating to a new premises. If at this point you no longer require our services then your business information will be removed from our system and securely erased.
Where we capture your data but a relationship is not necessarily formed, we will delete all the information we hold on you after a period of 3 years. This period of time gives us a chance to establish a relationship with you and we believe it is a reasonable time frame considering our projects can sometimes take months/years to commence depending on each client’s individual circumstances.
Where you have signed up/opted-in to our mailing list, you will remain on the list until you choose to remove yourself by selecting the unsubscribe option at the bottom of any emails that you receive.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can you manage the information we hold about you)
5. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
Please note that asking us to erase information that we hold on you/your business could impact our ability to complete/carry out works on your premises if the request occurs during the contractual agreement period where we are designated ‘Principal Contractor’.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further 'How do we use this information?';
- Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Gardner House, Hornbeam Park, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. HG2 8NA.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 01423 789678
If you are unhappy with the way that we are using your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Tel: 0303 123 1113